PURECO Rust Finish Paint 200ML Part 1
PURECO Rust Finish Paint 200ML Part 1 is part of a 2-part system that allows you to get that authentic looking rusty matte finish. Part 1 is a Rust Finish Paint, which will be your Base Paint for the Rusting Effect. It contains real metal particles. It is nice and gritty, and has a thick texture, which is what you want when rust painting.
PURECO Rust Finish Paint 200ML is an Australian Made product. It is made from premium ingredients and is eco-friendly. Just like most PURECO Products, this finish has zero to low VOC’s (volatile organic compounds), as well as Cruelty-Free, Non-Toxic, and Solvent Free. But while it is relatively safe, it is still highly recommended to keep away from children and pets. In addition, be sure to use it in a well-ventilated area.
How To Use:
Part 1 - Rust Finish Base Paint
- Before and during use, ensure to thoroughly stir the contents or PURECO Rust Finish Paint 200ML Part 1 using a broad, flat stirrer.
- Stir in upward motion to mix the iron particles that have usually sunk to the base of the container.
- Use a disposable paint brush or a paint roller to apply the surface. You can also apply this over colored paint if desired. Do not use a synthetic brush. Do not use your essential brushes, Klingons, or style masters.
- Let it sit undisturbed for about 6 hours.
- Apply a second coat and wait another 6 hours before moving on to Part 2.
Part 2 - Rust Finish Activator
- Apply one coat of PURECO Rust Finish Activator 200ML Part 2 using another disposable brush. Remember that this product is known to eat the bristles of brushes, so do not use with your essential brushes, Klingons, or style masters.
- After 30 minutes, mist water over the surface and keep it moist for at least 2 hours.
- If you are going for an advanced rust finish, you can keep misting the surface for up to 4 days.
- Dilute salt into your spraying bottle to speed up the rusting process.
Part 3 - Matte Sealer (Optional)
- After you have achieved the desired rust effect, you can proceed to the third part which is sealing with PURECO Matte Finish. While this is an optional part, we highly recommend doing it for a more realistic rust finish.
If you feel like your project is missing another element, rust finish can be the perfect way to finish it. For other Australian Made Paints & Products or if PURECO Base Blockers & Finishing Products, be sure to browse through our website.
Check out PURECO User Guide.
Other People Purchased:
More From Pureco Base Blockers & Finishing Products: