PURECO Crackle Finish 200ML
PURECO Crackle Finish 200ml is a solution that will help you create beautiful and authentic-looking aged, weathered crackle effect on your project or furniture. What’s great about this furniture finishing solution is that you will be able to control the amount and depth of the crackle effect.
PURECO Crackle Finish is an Australian made product. It is a water-based solution that can be used to make eggshell type crackle appearance on any project. Like other PURECO Products, this formula has zero to low VOC’s (volatile organic compounds), as well as Cruelty-Free, Non-Toxic, and Solvent Free. But while it is relatively safe, it is still highly recommended to keep away from children and pets. In addition, be sure to use it in a well-ventilated area.
How To Use:
- Prep the surface of your project to make sure that there are no dust.
- Paint any color on the surface of your project. This paint will act as the base color that will show up in the crackles. Use either PURECO Silk or Chalk Finish and allow to dry. Do not wax the surface.
- Using a flat stirrer, stir the Crackle Finish well in an upward motion.
- Apply PURECO Crackle Finish using a brush. Apply in one direction and make sure that you don’t leave any patchy areas. Apply a second coat if you are opting for a higher crackle effect.
- Allow to dry for an hour. Apply another paint layer (this will be your top paint). Use a color that is different from the base color. Use a soft bristle paintbrush and paint over the crackle finish with soft stroke so that you don’t drag the top paint color too much over the crackle finish.
- Wait for about 30 minutes for the crackles to appear. Leave undisturbed for about 12 hours. If you are working with Chalk Finish Paint, make sure to use a sealer.
Check out PURECO User Guide.
Other People Purchased:
More From Pureco Base Blockers & Finishing Products: